Monday 15 June 2009

HAVING A SNIFF


Three posts in one day, ARE YOU MAD? Possibly. Aren't you? This is a drawing I had done quite a while ago, well two drawings, one of the room and one of toby in it. I really like this drawing because I had the idea of Toby hanging out of the window to sniff the air being across two pages suddenly one day. So the detailed existing full colour room is on one page with Toby's feet in it, and the other page is just white, with Toby's head in it sniffing. Simple but effective I think. Anyway, I had thought this was done, but found it in a pile of 'TO BE SHADED' drawings. So in the nice dazzling sunshine on Sunday I ventured outside and shaded it in. I couldn't see a damned thing faced with a near white page in 84 degrees of sunshine. But I soldiered on and got it done. Got a nice tan too, so now I'm slightly shaded in too.

I've just noticed I haven't filled the picture in over Toby's bed. I think I have a drawing for it [a train I think?] so that will have to get sorted sometime soon!

As ever click on the image to see it larger.

No comments: