Thursday 20 August 2009

GIANT's PANTS


Gadzoooooooks! I've nearly been a month between updates. That's not the attitude for getting this whole project completed now is it? No, it's not. I've been a bit naughty and spent time on other things. Which I know is bad, but see it as a major case of procrastination. Major. These are the things which have dampened my 3books fire:

1. Struggling on the illustration of the giant's underpants. Many factors are a problem, how much giant to show, what angle to show it all from, and when I managed to get that right how the chuff the washing line angles through the picture. Difficult stuff. After all a picture of a giant hanging his smalls out to dry should be pretty funny and interesting to look at. And thus far I don't think my sketches are.

2. E4 have an E4 sting competition every year and I thought of several ideas quite a long time ago for the competition. I've been creating characters for that, and as yet haven't finished them let alone storyboard the sequence or animated it. So I won't meet that deadline and can return to giant's pants.


Click on the images to make these two old dears bigger.
Characters half way through design for E4 sting competition.


3. Illness. I've been a poorly. No stop that, no violins please.

Anyway, normal service will resume. Because the clock is ticking, and also because I really, REALLY want to get on with the next and final book, Coolio and the Moose. Sketches for the giant's underpants will start to pop up here over the next few days.

No comments: