Monday 5 October 2009

SIDNEY RELOADED - THE FAIRY









Well now. Witch gathering lemons to make a nice potion to cure her poor dragon of a cold, check. Space to the right where pink things will reside and some how make sense that they are there, check. Marshmallows and candyfloss, uncheck. I did contemplate the witch being the witch out of hansel and gretel, so everything in the trees near her were sweets, or you could see her house in the background all pink and sweet. Didn't make sense to me. But then I had a thought, in the dragon picture the dragon has sneezed because it has a snotty cold, and obviously a bit of flame has come out as well, and set light to the witches broom who you can see flying off with a little smoke trail. So, that broom will still be alight, and what better thing to do with marshmallows than toast them on fire, and who better to do it than a pink fairy. Yeh, looking back that makes a whole lot more sense than seeing a house made of pink sweets. Hmmm... As Cher once said, IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME...

Look above and you will see some of the pictures gathered to try and help me draw the fairy because however hard I tried I could not get her right. You will see below that I made A LOT of attempts to get her right. Finally after weeks of pottering I realised that what I needed was a fairy who looked like she belonged in the same picture as the witch, so a similar style to the witch. So with the witch as a base I drew the fairy, and by jingo it worked. Several pencils and a whole spinny of trees later though.

The finished pic [although I think I need to clean it up in photoshop]: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhQddc1WjfytgEoTcBSXI_Yfxjx0J1Nd9teyv3GtbiCFXUXLGX9h14fE5FIvhNiogyuZrK3DcKvE45r_hEBA5fOw2xmoHi3PvaEjYEjSaAHJk8rnx1nvGzvLHpEKFZapxNHGSMKhQ/s1600-h/witches-and-lemons.jpg

As always, click on the pics to see them bigger.




No comments: