Saturday 3 October 2009

SIDNEY RELOADED - THE WITCH











As you can see, I didn't take very long before I had my witch. I hadn't got a specific idea of what she would look like at the start, so I could just do whatever. And I liked her slightly dippy and unthreatening look. Some of the other sketches as you will see make her out to be a typical nasty witch, which didn't seem right to me. Of course she has to sit on the page with the Fairy, and at this stage I don't think I had actually thought there would be a Fairy, but more likely I was wondering how to fit candyfloss and marshmallows into the picture. The small links between most of these double page spreads was the thing that helped me think of something else pink to put in the picture and to actually have something for them to do in the picture too.

No comments: