Monday 23 March 2009

LAST OF SIDNEY


I don't really know why I put this big orange square of paint strokes on this post. I can't think why it's here? I seem to remember that its not even original, it's one small patch which was repeated in photoshop, and not very well either! But the original, well I don't know where that went, and it doesn't really matter. The point I think is I shoved brush to paper to see what it would look like [now come on I don't mean I have never painted on paper, or I don't know what paint looks like but more, I want to see what the texture would be like with undiluted goache or acrylic. See if it would look the way I hoped and remembered. Anyway, this was the result and I knew then that I really want Sidney to be painted. And pretty boldy too, in the main.

What you see below is the layout as it stands to date. Obviously it's small because I don't want to give too much away, I have probably done that already anyway. Oooh, have I put a copyright on this blog? Oh yes I have. Phew. Anyway, you might notice big blocks of colour, gradients from one to another. This is something I need to come back to. Also my layout or mock book is going to be in black and white. I don't know why I told you that, just thought you might like to know. Well ok be like that. Well don't storm off in a huff, you started it! Oh fine, FINE!


click on the image to see the large version

No comments: