Monday 2 March 2009

CRABS & CONES


Poor old crabs. Thought they'd all meet up and go for a swim down the local pool. But what do you know, damned cones everywhere! The pool is shut and the crabs just don't seem to know what to do. What ever you do, don't suggest they use the sea instead.

As you can see here on the left my lovelies, the top drawing is the way I originally drew the picture, and then the middle grey one is desaturated via photoshop then the bottom one is the colour corrected final. You can also see that the pictures have a join. Unfortunately my scanner is only A4! So I've had to scan the pics in several chunks. I realised that my pictures weren't the right aspect ratio for the size I wanted the final books to be [ie. to fit text in?!], so I had to backtrack and stick bits on both sides of the pictures and then redraw and add bits. The bottom finished illustration is actual about a third longer than this one, but not a lot goes on in that third so I've saved a bit of space. Give both picks a click if you want to see them in slightly more detail.



click on the image to see the large version

No comments: